If only there was a way to eat the foods you enjoy such as burgers, pizza, ice cream, and still achieve the physique you want. There is, it’s called intermittent fasting.
What is Intermittent fasting? Intermittent fasting is an approach to eating where people increase windows between their meals. This approach allows you to consume more calories in a meal making fitting burgers, pizza and ice cream in to your diet without exceeding calorie goals possible.
What are the benefits?
- Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion
- Prolongs the health-span of nervous system, increasing brain function and aging
- Makes dieting in a caloric deficit easier because you can consume larger meals
- Not having to prepare as many meals and you can cook less frequently
- More flexibility eating so you can go to dinner with friends, family, and achieve fitness goals
What are some tricks to keeping the fast?
- Vegetable broth – Rich in micronutrients, low in calories, keeps you full
- Green tea – Contains Bioactive compounds that improve health, and suppresses appetite
- Caffeine – Increases focus, suppresses appetite
Summary/ What to Do
- Start with smaller fasting windows. If you wake up at 6:30 am and sleep by 10 pm, try pushing back your first meal until 2 pm, and having your last meal around 9pm. Having your last meal prior to bed decreases the probability of cheating on a diet. Typically, people who cheat on their diet do it at night because they are following an unsustainable diet and they are starving. Having your last meal prior to bed ensures you are full, satisfied, and do n0t even feel like you are in a caloric deficit/dieting.
- The most important component of weight loss is ultimately being in a consistent caloric deficit. Even if you fast for the entire day, and eat 5000 calories for dinner, chances are you will not lose weight. Fasting is an aid that allows you to be full, while still being in that caloric deficit, because you are eating larger meals and are more satisfied.